Friday, August 28, 2015

Rasing the Roof

Last night we stopped and they made lots of headway on the roof.  All the house trusses were up and one side was covered in plywood. The garage roof was half way on.  We still do not have any windows, but I'm ok with that as the roof take precedent to keep our rain.  Today is another dry day so I expect the roof will be installed today.  I can't wait to see it tomorrow.

The rates has stabilized and back up.  I'm pretty frustrated that NVR delayed me in locking in a rate with them.  They quoted me a lower rate delayed my lock in because they didn't have a closing date on my house, by the time they got the closing date, the rate went back up.  I'm now bank to watching the rates with other banks and suspicious of NVR.

I emailed my PM Wednesday morning over all the gaps between panels used to build our Landon.  As of the time of this post, I still haven't heard back from them.  This sucks because I see other bloggers with PMs who seem to talk to them daily.  I was hoping the new PM was more responsive but this seems common between Ryan Homes and NVR.......lack of a timely response.

We showed the Landon to some family and their comment was "wow, it's so big"  We forgot how big the Landon is since they shut down the model in the area.  We already got volunteers to host thanksgiving this year.

No change in our house sale.  One couple seems on the fence with our house.  Their hangup in the basement bathroom because it's outdated in style, but still very functional.  They are looking at a smaller more updated house further away.  I pitched the idea if they buy it, I'd remodel the bathroom for them and include it in the asking price.  No word yet.

Now on to some pictures:



Found more damaged product


The Garage Attic is huge



I found one of our framing 2x4 cracked in half


No comments:

Post a Comment