Tuesday, August 18, 2015

If you build it they will come...

We had another showing of our house last night so we packed up our dogs and headed up to see our Landon.  We were excited because we both believed they would have finally started to frame.  I was told framing would begin August 7th and over 10 days later nothing........our visit found no change.

Nothing new was done.

We decided to sit and eat our dinner on the garage floor.  A group was at another home site apparently doing their pre-con meeting.  The new PM was there and stopped over to introduce himself.  He told us they are having a hard time getting a framing crew as everyone is super busy.  He did arrange one for us and they will be starting Wednesday.

Looks like the Landon framing might move forward.

On the other fronts, NVR is calling me to start the loan proecss.  I'm not sure why they are pushing this since they know I have to sell my current home before we can move forward.  I'm also not happy with their rates offered.  I'd like to show the loan around just because NVR doesn't seem to be trying to get me the best deal with interest and PMI.

Lastly, our house had a 2nd showing.  I'm not sure they will be making an offer, but a bunch of new houses are hitting the market in our price point and I think the steepness of our driveway frightens people.  I'll be lowering the price again next week.  We have put so much work into this house it breaks my heart that no buyers love the private wooded back yard, the closeness to majors stores, the ability to walk to a market, the hot tub, and the new kitchen and bath.

Hopefully this week has everything more forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment