Tuesday, August 25, 2015

like watching pain dry.....

I took the kids up to see the Landon this evening.  From what we have seen from how fast they framed our neighbors, we figured some major headway would be made on Monday.  It looks like Monday the remaining first floor walls were put up and all of the first floor internal walls.  Our neighbor looks like nothing was done.  The wood beams spanning the openings of the first floor were installed in preparation of the 2nd floor.  We still don’t have windows in or the external vapor barrier.  It seems like the framers working on two houses at once has things moving slow……like watching paint dry.

Other news, rates have dropped and I started shopping around outside of NVR.  The difference between the base rate and the APR is really high for NVR.  It looks like even with their 7k incentive, their closing costs are much higher.  I know some banks have 0 loan origination fees.  I wonder if NVR jacks up the price just to discount it off so it looks like it’s a better deal.  From what I can see so far, the prior rate given to me was lousy, but pushing back and shopping around is getting better rates from NVR.


Here is the updated picture


You can see a hole in the plywood sheeting


Outside hole in the plywood sheeting


Corner with ripped off plywood

The I-Beam stopped short so the HVAC can go up there


Beams for the 2nd story


Weird framed in area......I suspect for the main HVAC duct work


Not sure there should be light there


The indent into the garage



No comments:

Post a Comment