Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Looking Glass

I didn't make it to the Landon on Monday as we are baby sitting a friend's dog and she's been very needy.  Plus, I waned to be home when the sales offer came on my house.  Here is an update on all things:

Our house has another offer for it but the buyer has no money for a down payment.  He is asking for 6% assist.  This basically is an additional discount off the asking price and I think is obnoxious.  It really seems like most young couples out there looking have no down payment and think they can haggle the price and then get me to pay all the closing costs which they should cover.  Without the 6% his bank wont lend him more until he sells his other house.  The deal almost ended but I'm pitching an offer where I can live in the house for free and the rent I would have paid is equal to the amount of house discount I am giving.  Seems like a win for everyone.

I have had more frustration with NVR for financing.  I asked my sales rep for help and she looked into it.  Her response was that the NVR loan officer was waiting for me to provide her a firm closing date.  I fired off a nasty email back to her claiming BULLSHIT.  When the rate was 3.875 I was trying to lock in my rate but NVR said they needed to confirm I was in the closing window.  I told her we were framing and should be closed in 60 days roughly.  I then emailed both sales reps, the PM, and the loan officer all in one email noting NVR needs a firm date to lock in my rate.  NO ONE RESPONDED to my email.  NVR changed the rates on the next day.  Now the rate is 4.125 which will be an extra 50 a month or an extra 18,000 for the life of the debt.  After I called BULLSHIT on the sales person saying it was my fault and delay, she responded that a NVR manager would call me over the incident.  Basically I got screwed out of a good rate because two NVR employees couldn't do their jobs.  Lastly on this topic......NVR rates change daily.  Dollar bank locally in Pittsburgh has so much better rates.  The better rate is stable and can save way more than the 7k credit NVR gives.  SHOP AROUND!!!

The Landon is still moving forward buy not getting done what the PM told me he had planed.  The roll roofing should have been installed Monday and they should have start the shingles Tuesday.  Neither were started but shingles were delivered.  Based on the discussion with my PM, they cant do anything internally until the roof is on to protect from rain.  He added he might risk installing the HVAC while there is no rook only if the weather stays dry.  Over the past few days they also delivered the HVAC items for installing today.  I suspect they will be installing HVAC while the roofers are doing their work......today's chance of rain is 30% in the afternoon.

The framing crew started their clean up work.  The made the closets in the master the same size and installed the attic drop down ladder in the laundry room.  They also started patching holes, filling cracks, and removing the 2x4s on the floor in doorways.  Most importantly......they installed the exterior doors and windows.  I am still finding a few items they need to fix, but it's looking better.

Here are the pictures:

Attic Drop Down moved from bedroom to laundry room....question, will it have enough space to pull down with a washer and dryer in the room???


Master Bath framed up


They missed this big gap


They patched this one


Still a big gap in the Ibeam Pocket


Basement framed for HVAC


HVAC Items


Kitchen Island


Replaced Joists and added 2x4s


Morning Room


Example of filling the cracks



No comments:

Post a Comment