Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I've got gas

Captains Log... star date 47634.44

The Landon is making some slow progress considering we have a pre-drywall meeting on Friday.  Last night I checked it late and found more plumbing work but nothing else.  The gas lines had been installed and nicely marked.  The water main was ran between the house and the street.  They still had pipes hanging through the floors.

We are still waiting on the framers to fix things and the electricians to start so insulation can be installed.  That's the point where the pre-drywall meeting takes place.  They have basically 2.5 days before the meeting......doesn't seem like much time.

I know our PM is on vacation next week so anything we notice we have to get to him ASAP.  Tonight I plan to go check the plumbing.  I have noticed that some drain pipes look like they might hang lower than the joist.  This can cause the drywall to bulge and not go on the ceiling level.  Tonight I have a ladder and my level and I will check to make sure none of the 2nd floor drain pipes are lower than the joist.  I'll also double check the plywood for holes, studs for cracks/twists, and the guardian items.

I am a bit on the fence with a home inspector for Friday.  I think pre-drywall is the most important time to use one.  I'm considering asking my father who worked maintenance at a steel plant and knows a great deal on construction to save cash.

Our existing house earned another offer from this past Sunday.  I'm making a pretty good little open house realtor.  We are supposed to get an offer sometime today.  Its another first time home buyer who is moving away from the noise and people of city living.  My agent is helping them with their offer and number.  Hopefully it doesn't include another seller assist that makes for an extremely low ball offer.  I hope to have good news for the blog tomorrow.

As for financing, the rates have gone up and the manager from NVR who was supposed to call me never did.

Here are some updated pictures
Trench with the water line in it


Pile of Sand......I suspect for putting the stone on the house


Gas line and each separate gas line with shut off value.....nicely marked


Laundry room plumbing


Looks like someone cut a hole in the wrong spot


Water pipe from the street inside the house ready for plumbing


No comments:

Post a Comment