Friday, September 4, 2015

Laying Some Pipe

Last night we arrived at the Landon to find the roofing guys were finishing up.  They were working on the morning room roof when I arrived.  Their automatic nail gun echo loudly through the house.

I received a call from the PM yesterday.  While I have been frustrated with NVR and our prior PM, this guy stepped up to the plate and is doing a good job.  He reached out to me to confirm our pre-drywall meeting and a question I had in the email.  I asked if the Laundry room pull down is in the wrong truss as if it is pulled down it will hit the laundry machines.  He said he already noted that and marked it for a fix.  He also asked me abut my electrical.  "Did you want your switch outlets removed to just be outlets?" he asked.  I confirmed, I asked over and over again and had in all of my electrical notes but Ryan Homes wont do it.  I also bought light rough ins because I hate switched outlets.  He said he would talk to the electrician and have it changed per my original request.  WAY TO GO RYAN HOMES!!  It gets better......I mentioned that I think the morning room door opens the wrong way and he confirmed it was.  He said when they moved the door they didn't change the part code.  He already ordered the new door.

Our PM must have spent time in our house inspecting the framing crew's work.  He had orange paint all over the place for things they missed.  Staples that missed the 2x4 in factory construction.  Holes in the exterior trusses where they wrapped chains around it to lift a truss with the skid loader.  He marked the frames that were not plum, arches not installed, and cracked boards that need additional support.  He also prepped the house for electrical.  He marked where all the special electrical additions are going.  The floor had orange paint for the lights.  I suspect electrical is happening today.

I haven't heard anything much from NVR.  I did reach out to some other banks and while I was reluctant to call PNC, they actually were VERY competitive.  They actually came in better than Dollar Banks current quote and said they'll beat anyone else as they want my business.  I am trying to find a way to post my Excel mortgage comp file on the blog for others to use.....it's super cool.

Our current house had an offer on it this week.  Sadly the seller needed all kinds of seller assist.  6% seller assist pulls over 10k off the price plus they asked for a reduction in price.  I prepared a a counter offer that many I consulted with said was really reasonable for a house in the township I am in.  I had my counter offer shared with all parties who issued an offer or came close to an offer.  I'd be shocked if someone doesn't take it because at that price its not the house but their inability to financially afford a house.

Last night's pictures

Laying pipe for the plumbing


The missed corner in the master bedroom


Not sure what these holes are for as I suspect all plumbing is in the floor.


Moving of the attic ladder



Kitchen Layout





No comments:

Post a Comment