Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Not going well with Coldwell

It's been rough since the last post and some things haven't been going smooth at all.  The worst is my experience with Coldwell Banker and selling my house.  The Landon is still moving ahead well, but NVR and current home sale is sucking.  Here is the summaries:

NVR/Financing
Last week I received calls from two different managers at NVR/Ryan Homes.  My issue was I tried to lock in a rate and NVR required me to confirm with my PM, but my PM never responded to NVR and myself.  Because NVR couldn't confirm a closing date, they refused to lock in a rate.  The end result was the rate went up which is costing me more.  The first call was a sales manager at Ryan Homes.  He basically told me the PM's cant provide estimated closing dates in hours and it normally takes days for them to update an estimated closing date.  I then got a call from a manager at NVR who threw their Ryan Homes partners under the bus as Ryan Homes didn't respond to the email at all and they caused me to miss the rate.  Neither one of them agreed to take any ownership, but the NVR manager said he would work on this if he could.

It's been days and I haven't heard back from them.  The rates are still at or above 4 and not below 4 which I was trying to lock in.  I really wish Ryan Homes would just buy down my rate to the rate I lost from them not responding to my email and communicating with NVR.

I am still shopping around the rates and found Princeton and Clearview banks who actually do the lending for Ryan Homes and NVR.  They have slightly better options for rate but not as good for upfront costs.

Current Home Sale
The couple who was going to buy the house has totally walked away and not talking to my agent.  This was pretty devastating and I basically sat and cried when I heard the news.  There is one more couple talking to us but they want 14,000 in concessions and discounts.  The end result of this so far has been a total FUCK UP by Coldwell Banker.  I am so frustrated and disappointed with how they are selling my house.  Coldwell Banker didn't do a good job giving me a realistic valuation of my house.  I feel as though they just presented a rosie happy picture to get me to sign with them and when buyers refuse the price, the only solution Coldwell Banker offers is to lower the price.  They should really lower their commission in the same percentage as we lower the price.  I'm exhausted from working my own open houses and I doubt Coldwell Banker can produce someone for Sunday.  This has been horrible and I cant sleep at night because of how bad they priced my house and not having any buyers to buy before we close on the Landon.

The Landon
Everyone has been on site and doing stuff.  The framers came back and started to fix things.  The electricians finished a majority of their work, and the plumbers are nearly finished.  The spray insulation was done yesterday.  I'm being told tomorrow is wall insulation, Friday is inspection, and Saturday is drywall.  Somehow Friday night I need to find time to put in the insulation they dont and install some conduit from the basement to attic.

Here are some pictures
Spray Insulation

Dirty Bathtub


Corner Crack still needs fixed


Plumbing and HVAC


Notice the weird cardboard stuff.....it's a thick plastic sheet they use to path holes


More holes patched with this plastic sheeting

No comments:

Post a Comment