Thursday, September 24, 2015

Moving Along

The last few weeks have been over whelming.  Trying to sell the house and build a new one has demanded all my free time and even caused interruptions in work.  Sorry I have slacked on my blog.  There is good news.

Landon

I haven’t been there since Monday night.  There was a drywall crew in Monday and they had half of the house covered in drywall.  I suspect they finished and are covering the seams with plaster and tape.  The two of us are going up to see it tonight and we are so excited.
It looks like some of my sound proofing was taken down.  I don’t know if it was knocked down and not put back in or removed to get access to something.  From what I can tell, the majority of it is up and remains in the wall. 

We also have a rough date for our closing.  Our original date was the middle of October and our PM said he might be able to get us in one of the last days of the month, but we decided why chance it and told everyone to plan to close on the first week of November.  We hope to close Monday November 2nd or at the end of that week.

Current Home

We’ve had a few days of hard negotiations but we all agreed on a price.  I’m thankful I am not selling to the young couple and arrogant realtor who went through my stuff and broke one of our third date mementos.  I’m still not very happy with Coldwell Banker and feel they didn’t live up to the expectations they gave to me.  They missed the original list price was 20,000 off and the floor they promised me was breeched and we closed 8k under it.  Closing 8k under the floor for our house is going to hurt when trying to buy a new washer and dryer.  What’s messed up is that a realtor can fail to meet the goal they set, steal your leads from owner open houses, and still not have to reduce her commission under 6%.  This experience has left me hateful of Coldwell Banker and distrusting of all Realtors.  If you are a reader of my blog and plan to sell your house……..shop around for an honest agent.

NVR

Our loan officer has been very difficult to reach.  Everyday I check the average rates on the market which are dropping fast.  I check a few things and all signs point to a continued reduction in the rates.  Rates in October has traditionally been less than September.  I am still trying to lock in at the rate NVR quoted me that Ryan Homes delays caused me to miss.


Stop beck tomorrow….. we’ll have more pictures of the Landon at Drywall phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment