Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hang a Shingle

Last night I arrived at the Landon at 5:30 and the roofers were still working.  They had most of the front of the house covered in shingle.    They were working in the tricky spot of the valley between the garage roof and the house roof.  They did have tar paper down on the entire roof so the house is protected.  While they are behind in roofing, my PM didn't delay the HVAC subcontractor for fear of rain.  It looked like the HVAC guys installed the furnace and duct work yesterday.  I can see a few vents that still need covered, copper hoses ran for the AC, outside compressor, still need installed.  The framing crew looks like they have not been back and the big gap in the corner of the master bedroom has not been filled.  Still the house is moving forward and pre-drywall is set for Friday Nov 11th at noon.

There has been no change in the NVR saga.  My loan officer knows I am hacked off with them.  My sales manager told her and they are having a manager call me.  I have been shopping around and build an AWESOME spreadsheet to compare various lenders upfront costs and the lifetime cost of debt.  If I can find a way to post the form on my blog I will.......currently it is in Excel.

My home sale is still in negotiation.  I gave a really good counter offer giving some seller assist for letting me live in the house free for 2 months.  Everyone I talk to who works in real estate and construction agree it's a really good deal.  I had my agent share the offer with all parties, so three couples are considering purchase of my house.

Lastly, my fiance is in law school so three nights a week she isn't available to visit the Landon with me.  I am really excited for her to meet me there tonight and see the progress.  Hopefully electrical or plumbing is being installed today.

Now for pictures:








No comments:

Post a Comment