Monday, October 12, 2015

Still Shaky, Waiting, and Movin Movin

The last week has been busy and the three words to describe it is Shaky/Waiting/Movin

NVR
I am still waiting on an updated good faith estimate from NVR.  They said the bank that does the mortgage will be calling me directly to set up and open an account.  I thought they would have called me by now.  I only have a few more weekend available to go to the branch and sign papers for an account.  Nice thing is, this has been low stress since we have time.

Current Home Sale
This is just been the WORST experience ever.  From a lousy realtor to buyers who expect one of the cheapest homes in my township to be perfect.  I received an inspection report from the buyer and WOW it was a nightmare.  The buyer requested I replace the deck and garage doors.  After I spent a few days reading the inspection reports and talking to people, I came to the conclusion the buyer is just exaggerating things.  The inspection said some repairs were needed to the deck as there is a gap in the ledger board.  I had an Architect come look at it and he said it's from the wood drying and the wood is not cracked and the bolts are all still in.  Somehow the buyer thinks its unsound and a safety hazard.  He also claimed my garage door doesn't open, but I had it open to move out old paint.  The worse part of this is that I already lowered the price of our house by 6k for potential needed repairs, and then he bid 9k under that and settled for another 6k in discounts.  The repairs in question do not exceed the discounts given.  Lastly, this really almost made me walk away from the buyer, he originally noted he wanted 1,000 off the price for the fuse box.  We complied and gave it another 1,000 off of the price for it.  Then after the inspection, he included it on the repair/concession list.  The buyer is double dipping and just trying to take advantage of me most likely because he thinks I need him for my Ryan Home.  He's not being very genuine and acting in good faith.  When I thought selling a home couldn't get worse....it has.

The Landon
It's movin, movin along.  We stopped up on Saturday and they took care of some big things.  Our new morning room door was installed and they fixed the light switches that were covered by a cabinet.  They had the front steps forms installed to pour concrete.  All of the stone was delivered and railings were stained.  They are doing the driveway this week so I think we'll loose our dumpster which was nice for moving trash.  We suspect sometime soon we will be locked out as the appliances have been received.  Some things I pointed out to our PM that have lagged in getting fixed:
1) We still have a loose hot water connection that is loose inside the wall and not sturdy at all.
2) They still have not gotten back to me on if the AC unit can be moved to where Ryan Homes confirmed it would be.
3) Garage Door dent
4) Moved external speaker

Now for pictures






No comments:

Post a Comment