Monday, July 27, 2015

A house built on Stone

Life has been super busy this past week.  The showings of our house have decreased slightly so we had a chance to put the last minute facelifts on our current home.  We were working hard to prepare the house for an Open House Sunday, so Saturday we took a load of items to storage and stopped past the Landon.  They had done some more work.

The Landon had its foundation walls poured.  The forms were still up and on the walls, but it was exciting to see.  I noticed they use foam blocks to make the required indentures in the foundation.  The I-Beam to support the morning room had foam placed in the concrete.  I also could see where they put foam for the I-Beam for the dining room.  It looks like Landon will also have a few steps from ground level to the front porch and once they put joists on the foundation; I suspect that the floor will be three feet over the ground level.

I also noticed it looked like they didn’t make the diagonal wall section.  I’m not sure what caused it, but will ask our PM this week.  I suspect they will be knocking the forms off today and tomorrow start on the waterproofing and utilities.  I have a good feeling they will have backfill by Saturday.








Lastly, the current home had an open house Sunday.  We spent the last week and all weekend prepping for it.  My fiance is awesome with staging.   She touched up stain on the deck and staged the deck with a dining area.  She also staged the basement and the office.  I even tried to stage the garage and tool bench area.  The open house agent told us we had 10 individuals (couples) look and 4 of them were interested in more.  I think our current home is pretty darn good for a home.  It’s in a great location, has all new kitchen and bathroom.  Selling our home is the last big thing we need to fall in place that we can’t directly control.  Once it’s done, it’s just packing, and waiting for the Landon.


No comments:

Post a Comment