Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Is that the finish line I hear.......

Over the past few years, I have done a lot of triathlons.  I have learned a lot from triathlon....specially a half ironman.  In a long race, something will sooner or later not go as planned.  One race I dropped a water bottle when cycling through the exchange and another race I blew a tire.  I have had races where I was kicked in the face while swimming and felt like passing out from the heat and sunburn.  Some of triathlon isn't how well you plan, but how well you can recover and stay focused.  When I blew a tire during a race, the pit crew were right behind me and while they swapped out my tire and tube, I stretched, took in calories and drank.....making the best of the situation and stoppage.  The best part of the triathlon is when you can hear the finish line ahead.  You can always hear the finish line way before you can see it.  It's like that second wind, the reason to push harder, pick it up and straighten up the form to look strong in the chute.  I am pretty sure I can hear the finish line for our Landon.

Landon
No change in the build as it's basically done and waiting for us.  We had our pre-settlement and just waiting to move.

Current Home Sale
Our 2n buyers have decided not to come back to the table.  This is so very disappointing.  We disclosed the house has a fuse box, and that it is old and should be replaced.  We provided a home warranty for any issues that may come up from the HVAC.  They knew they were buying the home as-is and we still offered to make a few repairs and pay for a majority of putting in a new fusebox.  This first time buyer just got cold feet from the opinions of the home inspector freaked them out.

NVR
Yesterday I took it upon myself to push everyone at NVR for a closing date or a game plan which would lead to a closing date.  I called NVR settlement who said they were waiting on things from NVR.  I emailed Ryan Homes sales and PM about my concerns of having to move our storage unit prior to closing since it was already rented to another person.  I also emailed NVR with more concern.  Cleaview still proved wonderful to work with as they reached out to me.

Well, things kind of worked.  I got a call from my loan officer and her manager.  While he was a little snotty implying the delay was on my end due to the buyer backing out and bridge loan, but ultimately shared information so I understood why it was taking so long.  He said worse case scenario we could close November 19th...best case scenario is we could close on Friday the 13th.  It all depends on if Clearview can close my bridge before Saturday.......At 3:30 yesterday I got the call I can close my bridge today and funds available on Monday.  this would give NVR 4 days to do what they need to do.  Hopefully today they tell me if next Friday is a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment