Thursday, November 12, 2015

Almost there and a change of course

We are almost ready for our closing.  I have worked so hard the last two weeks on the phone daily with bankers, NVR, Ryan Homes pushing to get us closed tomorrow.  Our house has been done since Oct. 28th and we are about 2 weeks late, but we'll be in before thanksgiving.

NVR
They use Cleaview bank for some of their debt and they are awesome to work with.  I am seriously considering moving more of my banking to them.  Clearview knew this week had a bank holiday in it but went out of their way to get everything back to NVR the day before.  They are great to work with.  NVR still has been asking for stupid things.  My father is on one of my bank accounts and NVR demanded he sign a letter noting those funds are mine.  Really, my father is on my saving in case I am hit by a bus when cycling.  People do that in a family.

I received my HUD on Monday and it's about 1,300 more than my good faith agreement.  The two things that changed were 1) more tax escrow and 2) additional HOA fees.  The tax escrow is confusing as school years go from aug to aug so pushing back a closing should lower the amount of tax needed at closing, OR the tax escrow is always 6 months and the amount shouldn't change.  I truely think NVR missed the Pittsburgh taxes and they are covering their butt saying it's a timing thing.  The HOA fee is a total blindside.  Our sales agreement noted two HOA fees but the HUD has four of them.  Somehow NVR Settlement is charging me an additional 340 for HOA when my sales contract doesn't list them.  Hopefully they will remove them since it was their error.

We are scheduled to close tomorrow at 11.

MOVING
We are frantically packing boxes.  We have so much in storage already and boxed up in our basement but I know it's going to be a mess tomorrow throwing things into a truck.  We had hoped to hire movers to move everything, but our reduced budget only allows for movers to move the big things.  Our furniture and heavy items will be handled by the professionals and we'll address everything else.  We found a great moving company and if things go well, I'll be sharing their information.

CURRENT HOME SALE
This has been the worst part of moving and one of the top suckiest parts of my life.  While we lowered the price of my house for old items such as furnace and fusebox, the fusebox causes every home inspection to fail even though buyers are disclosed of it and they agree to a purchase price with it.  I'll be dropping another 2k into the house just to sell it.  Sadly this puts my investment into my current home at 10,000 and we are selling it roughly 10,000 less what my Realtor assured me we would.  I basically decided that if I am going to take such a hit and feel the entire burden of this, my Realtor should lower her commission for the lack of accuracy in pricing my house and lack of service.  She never offered so this week I terminated my relationship with her.

Coldwell Banker is a horrible broker to use to sell your house.  When I raised concerns to the Broker he just pushed me off to my realtor's manager.  She called me once and offered to come out, but never did.  What helped me realize that Coldwell Banker doesn't provide good service was when I spent this past weekend interviewing other realtors.  Every other broker firm has a better marketing plan.  They pointed out things that Coldwell Banker did not do such as adding captions to the pictures online.  My realtor never hosted any time of open house and the new realtor wants to do a realtor open house first thing before it hits the market.  I really hope this new agent to actually get my house sold for the value it should get.


No comments:

Post a Comment