Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Last Minute Items


I went back yesterday and looked over my electrical plans I gave our sales rep and the one she did which is the one our project manager will use.   I noticed that two switches were not included.  We had recessed lighting put into the master bedroom because I hate lamp on light switches.  Our recessed lighting will be controlled by the switch next to the door.  My idea was to put a switch on each side of the bed so one doesn’t have to journey to the door to turn off the light to go to bed…..the switch will be next to the bed.  Adding an extra switch is around 125 and worth it.

I also spoke to a friend of mine who built in the same community we are joining.  He had a great suggestion.  If you get the security system, get an extra key pad in the master bedroom.  Seems like a great idea if you have a security system. 


Now we just focus on selling our house and wait until our pre-construction meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment